1896 Saloon Policies
Hours of Operation:
11:00 AM- 9:00 PM (Sun.-Thurs.)
11:00 AM- 10:00 PM (Fri.- Sat.) Live bands on most weekends from 6:30 PM-9:30 PM.
The 1896 Saloon Club is a Private Membership Club. Free membership may be obtained with valid Driver’s License.
Beer, wine and mixed drinks available.
The following rules and regulations have been decided and agreed upon by the Directors and Officers of the Club. These Rules are to be observed by all members. Any violation of any of these Rules by any member will be cause for possible cancellation of membership and removal/banishment from the Club.
- All members of the Club must be 21 years of age.
- Minor children of members are to remain at the same table or the visible presence of their parents if parents are in possession of an alcoholic beverage. Proof of relationship must be provided.
- Service of Alcoholic Beverages shall be made only to Members of the Club and their Guest who are 21 years of age.
- Only Members of the club will be allowed to pay for service of alcoholic beverages.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- No excessive foul language will be allowed.
- No harassment of wait staff or other members of the club will allowed.
- The Bartender reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
These Rules may be amended from time to time by Directors and Officers of the Club as needed to provide for an enjoyable environment for all members of the Club.
Each room will have its own unique history, focusing on different parts of history including people, businesses and community life that surrounded Hamilton Co. during the early 1900. We invite you to return to our piece of history, and stay in a different room. You never know what part of history you will connect.
The Chop House
Your stay at The Midland Hotel will be significantly enhanced by a full-service restaurant known as The Chop House. The Chop House was an original meat locker in Hico around the turn of the century, housed in the north end of The Hotel.